In the movie "The Wolf of Wall Street" Jordan Belfort (Leonardo DiCaprio) takes an entry-level job at a Wall Street brokerage firm in 1987. By the early 1990s, while still in his 20s, Belfort founds his own firm, Stratton Oakmont. Together with his trusted lieutenant (Jonah Hill) and a merry band of brokers, Belfort makes a huge fortune, so much so that he is able to afford a luxury yacht.
In fact most villains just would be credible without a yacht that's at least 200 feel long with at least one helipad. In the story The Spouse Disposal Service two of the main players own large yachts and conduct much of their business on board them.
So, just where do you get yachts like this ? here is a list of marine craft builders / suppliers in the UK :-
- Fairline was founded in 1963 and were driven by perfection and success. Their reputation for making class-leading, iconic hand-built motor yachts is world renowned. But there’s a restless energy within them. One that is driving them further into the distance, to find joy and excitement in new ways and on new horizons. More beautiful experiences. More thrilling experiences await.
- Rustler Yachts are renowned for quality, service and value and they have great confidence in their hand-built products and are proud to be a British-based company.
- Princess Yachts have a wide range of marine craft: M Class (The epitome of Princess), X Class (Features Super Flybridge for extended voyages), Y Class (Meticulously detailed surroundings finished with the finest materials), F Class (One of the most technically advanced and spaciously proportioned flybridge), S Class (Distinctively luxurious + cockpits, garages and aft sun-pads), V Class (Variable geometry deep-V hull) and R Class (Speed boat).
- Sunseeker provide a range of marine craft: Yacht (76~95 feet), Sport Yacht (74 feet), Predator (50 ~ 74 feet), Manhattan (52 ~ 66 feet), Performance (38 feet) and Superyacht (116 ~ 161 feet). Like many luxury brands they are selling a very elite life-style. The company was founded in 1969 in Poole by Robert Braithwaite.
Of course you can by luxury yachts anywhere, so here are more suppliers world-wide :-
- Wider are based in Italy and specialise in building luxury yachts in the 32 ~ 165 foot range. Their craft feature highly efficient diesel-electric propulsion system combined with Azimuthal pods. In 2019 they were bought by Marcello Maggi & Partners.
- Drettmann are based in Bremen, Germany as a husband and wife team: Claudia and Albert. Their yachts range in the following sizes: Yachts (48 ~ 90 feet) and super-yachts (100 ~ 175 feet). They also handle refits and repairs with a high quality after-sales service.
(C) 2018 ~ 2020 XR1 - Stats