Cool places and things in London.
This is the iconic Tower Bridge and is a combined bascule and suspension bridge. It was built between 1886 and 1894. The bridge crosses the River Thames close to the Tower of London and has become an iconic symbol of London.
Nearby on the southern side is Butler Wharf with its large choice of restaurants and bars.
This is Butler Wharf. It's about a mile down from the South Bank and a few hundred yards from The Shard.
Here you will find many restaurants including Browns, All-Bar-One and many apartments.
Porsche AG, is a German automobile manufacturer specialising in high-performance sports cars, SUVs and sedans. Porsche AG is headquartered in Stuttgart, and is owned by Volkswagen AG. They also have a showroom at Chiswick, London.
Canary Wharf is London's new skyscraper-filled financial capital and features many modern stylish pubs, cafes and bars. It's also home to many law firms.
It is also well-known for the Museum of London Docklands with model ships and hands-on displays.
It is home to many financiers, lawyers, Ultra high-net-worth individuals and FinTech start-ups like WiseAlpha that can offer some of the best returns on investment in the UK.
30 St Mary Axe (The Gherkin) is an iconic skyscraper in London's primary financial district, the City of London. It was completed in December 2003 and opened in April 2004.
Searcy's is a private club featuring a restaurant and a bar right in the top part of the dome. Here you can see Tower Bridge as seen through a wine glass - which is a perfect way to spend your time off.
There are many interesting and useful organisations based in London, many deal with finance, investment, patents (& copyright), foreign exchange and insurance, but London is also famous for design, fashion and art :-
- London Business Networks If you wish to meet lots of interesting people, join one of these and attend one of their business networking events.
- London Networking Events London is famous all over the world for its amazing networking opportunities.
- London Clubs If you wish to experience the world-class London night-life.
- London 1-2-1 Coaching for Business Networking Training.
- London 5-Star+ Hotels Some of the finest hotels in the city.
- London Consulting gives details on consultants who operate in or around London, covering subjects like HR, Brexit, business transformation, project management and many who are international.
- London SEO gives details on organisations that can help start-ups and other SMEs get higher up on Google searches - this also applies to other major search engines like DuckDuckGo and Bing.
- London Law Firms that operate in or around the "big Smoke".
Famous London residents.
- Peter Jones British entrepreneur & businessman with interests in mobile phones, television, media, leisure, retail & property. He is the last original investor on the BBC2 TV show "Dragons' Den" and on American television series "American Inventor".
- Paul McCartney English singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist & composer. He was the bass guitarist and singer for The Beatles, widely considered the most popular and influential group in the history of pop music. His song-writing partnership with John Lennon was the most successful of the post-war era. After the group disbanded in 1970, he pursued a solo career and formed the band Wings with his first wife, Linda, and Denny Laine.
- Hugh Grant English actor and film producer. Starred in: Four Weddings and a Funeral, Micky Blue Eyes, Bridget Jones Diary + Edge of Reason, Love Actually, Notting Hill (with Julia Roberts).
- Colin Firth Actor who starred in: The English Patient, Bridget Jones Diary, Love Actually, Kingsman: The Secret Service and Kingsman: The Golden Circle.
- Claudia Schiffer German model, actress and fashion designer although she originally aspired to become a lawyer. She rose to fame in the early 1990s as one of the world's most successful models. In her early career, she was compared to Brigitte Bardot.
- Simon Cowell English reality TV show producer judge. He has judged on the British TV talent competition series "Pop Idol", "The X Factor", "Britain's Got Talent" and the American TV talent competition shows "American Idol", "The X Factor", and "America's Got Talent". Cowell is the principal founder and chief executive of the British entertainment company Syco.
- Elton John English singer, pianist, and composer. Candle in the Wind (Later re-written to honour Princess Diana who died in a Paris car crash - 31 Aug 1997), Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting, I'm Still Standing, Rocket Man (A song Howard Wolowitz tried to use to get NASA to give him the nickname: Rocket Man in The Big-Bang Theory).
- Robbie Williams English actor, singer and songwriter. He was a member of the boy band "Take That" but split from them in 1995 and again in 2012. He has also had commercial success as a solo artist.
- Mick Jagger English singer-songwriter, musician, composer & actor who was the lead singer of the Rolling Stones and gained fame from that. Jagger's career has spanned over 50 years, and he has been described as one of the most popular and influential frontmen in the history of rock & roll
- Brian May English musician, singer, songwriter, astrophysicist, and photographer. He is best known as the lead guitarist of the rock band Queen. In Queen's three-part vocal harmonies, Brian was generally the lower-range backing vocalist. On some of his songs, he sings the lead vocals: Who Wants to Live Forever (Highlander), Mother Love, I Want It All and the theme from Flash. Full lead vocals on Some Day One Day, Good Company, Long Away, All Dead, All Dead & Sleeping on the Sidewalk.
- Kylie Minogue Australian-British singer and actress. She achieved recognition starring in the Australian TV program "Neighbours" and later had a brilliant music career.
- Hugh Laurie English Actor who moved over to the US, had American elocution lessons and then stared in many American TV programs like "House".
- Martin Freeman English actor. Stared in "Black Panther", "The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy" and played Bilbo Baggins in "The Hobbit"
- Gwyneth Paltrow Actress famous for "Iron Man".
(C) 2018 ~ 2019 XR1 - Stats