Fashion is a popular style, especially in clothing, footwear, lifestyle, accessories, makeup and hairstyle.
Fashion is a distinctive and often constant trend in the style in which people present themselves. A fashion can become the prevailing style in behaviour or manifest the newest creations of designers, technologists and engineers.
Fashion is so popular around the world that some of the biggest cities (Paris, London, Milan and New York) hold fashion shows twice a year and are fully covered by the media and other publications.
Here are some key fashion events :-
- London Fashion Week is a clothing trade show that takes place in London twice a year, in February and September. Showcasing over 250 designers to a global audience of influential media and retailers, it is one of the Big Four fashion weeks, along with the New York, Milan and Paris.
- Pure London is the UK’s number one leading fashion trade event held twice yearly that brings together the entire fashion supply chain, right the way from fibre through to finished ready to wear garments for women, men and children. No other UK show offers sourcing and brands together, making Pure London and Pure Origin the only event to cater to all your fashion buying needs under one central London roof.
- Fashion Revolution UK They are designers, producers, makers, workers and consumers. They are academics, writers, business leaders, brands, retailers, trade unions and policymakers. They are the industry and the public. We are world citizens.
Here are a few well-known fashion designers :-
- Alexander McQueen
- Marc Jacobs
- Victoria Beckham (Formerly Posh Spice of the Spice Girls)
- Stella McCartney (OBE - Daughter of Sir Paul McCartney & Linda McCartney)
- Ralph Lauren
- Christian Dior
- Jimmy Choo
- Giogio Armani
- Miuccia Prada
- Gianni & Donatella Versace
Here are some typical fashion items
- Clothing This can include dresses, gowns, skirts, trousers, jackets and anything you can wear.
- Shoes This can include high-heels, boots and anything you would put on your feet.
- Bracelets These can be for men or women, they can be made from copper, silver, gold or any other type of metal.
- Rings These also can be made from metal and often have some kind of precious stone embedded or encrusted with jewels.
- Necklace These can also be made from metal and sometimes encrusted with jewels.
Below is a typical fashion show.
(C) 2018 ~ 2019 XR1 - Stats