Fashion is a popular style, especially in clothing, footwear, lifestyle, accessories, makeup and hairstyle.
Fashion is a distinctive and often constant trend in the style in which people present themselves. A fashion can become the prevailing style in behaviour or manifest the newest creations of designers, technologists and engineers.
Fashion is so popular around the world that some of the biggest cities (Paris, London, Milan and New York) hold fashion shows twice a year and are fully covered by the media and other publications.
Here are some key fashion events :-
- London Fashion Week is a clothing trade show that takes place in London twice a year, in February and September. Showcasing over 250 designers to a global audience of influential media and retailers, it is one of the Big Four fashion weeks, along with the New York, Milan and Paris.
- Pure London is the UK’s number one leading fashion trade event held twice yearly that brings together the entire fashion supply chain, right the way from fibre through to finished ready to wear garments for women, men and children. No other UK show offers sourcing and brands together, making Pure London and Pure Origin the only event to cater to all your fashion buying needs under one central London roof.
- Fashion Revolution UK They are designers, producers, makers, workers and consumers. They are academics, writers, business leaders, brands, retailers, trade unions and policymakers. They are the industry and the public. We are world citizens.
Here are a few well-known fashion designers :-
- Alexander McQueen was a British fashion designer. From 1996 to 2001 he Givenchy's chief designer. He founded his own fort Alexander McQueen label in 1992. He died in February 2010.
- Marc Jacobs is an American fashion designer and is the head designer for his own fashion label of the same name. He played "Harvey" in the movie "Disconnect" (2012). Famous quotes: I always find beauty in things that are odd and imperfect - they are much more interesting.
- Victoria Beckham rose to fame in the late 1990s with the all-female pop group Spice Girls. She was dubbed Posh Spice by the July 1996 issue of the British music magazine Top of the Pops. In 1999 she married footballer David Beckham. She made various appearances on the catwalk between 2000 and 2006. In 2008 she launched her own fashion label and in 2019 she launched "Victoria Beckham Beauty".
- Stella McCartney (OBE - Daughter of Sir Paul McCartney & Linda McCartney)
- Ralph Lauren is an American company producing fashion products ranging from the mid-range to the luxury segments. They are known for the clothing, marketing and distribution of products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances.
- Christian Dior SE is a French luxury goods company controlled and chaired by French businessman Bernard Arnault. Sidney Toledano has been the CEO since 1997.
- Jimmy Choo is a Malaysian fashion designer based in the UK. He is best known for co-founding Jimmy Choo Ltd, which famous for its luxury handmade shoes and handbags for women.
- Giogio Armani is an Italian luxury fashion house founded by Giorgio Armani. They design, manufacture, distribute and sell haute couture, ready-to-wear, leather goods, shoes, watches, jewellery, accessories, eyewear, cosmetics and home interior products.
- Miuccia Prada is an Italian fashion designer and businesswoman. She is the head designer of Prada and the founder of its subsidiary Miu Miu. As of March 2019, Forbes estimates her net worth at US$2.4 billion.
- Gianni & Donatella Versace are the brother & sister powerhouse behind Versace. Donatella Francesca Versace is an Italian fashion designer and businesswoman. She is the current chief creative officer of Versace. Versace was founded by her late brother, Gianni Versace.
Here are some typical fashion items
- Clothing This can include dresses, gowns, skirts, trousers, jackets and anything you can wear.
- Shoes This can include high-heels, boots and anything you would put on your feet.
- Bracelets These can be for men or women, they can be made from copper, silver, gold or any other type of metal.
- Rings These also can be made from metal and often have some kind of precious stone embedded or encrusted with jewels.
- Necklace These can also be made from metal and sometimes encrusted with jewels.
- Earrings There can be made from copper, silver, gold and be small or large hoops.
Below is a typical fashion show.
(C) 2018 ~ 2021 XR1 - Stats